Monday, August 31, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

This was an impulse movie choice after someone (who I would very much like to give the nom de blogger of Zen Master, but who would not appreciate that at all) mentioned it off-hand last week.

It was smashing, one of those delightful surprises that I'll watch again and again. It met some of my key reqirements:

1) Geeky male protagonist with unplumbed depths

2) Smart and feisty female protagonist

3) Bizarre modern definitions of relationships

4) Plot focuses on one seminal night

4) Based on a book

5) Kick ass sound track

Highly recommended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to see it. I think it was on circuit here and is now in the purgatory between cinema and DVD.

Liz said...

Hopefully it gets released soon. It's less ascerbic than Juno, but just as good. I've just discovered an indie band called Someone Still Loves Your Boris Yeltsin - how awesome is that?!

PA said...

haha, I don't appreciate that at all :-)
(Nah, I do)