Friday, August 14, 2009

Legging it

I've embraced the leggings trend. A few weeks ago I impulse bought a very nice blue print tunic. I realised that it wouldn't look right over jeans or a pair of trousers. So I thought about it.

I have a pair of grey yoga type trousers. But they just didn't look right, you know? The material was too thick, and the grey and blue, which looked really nice in my head, just looked very blah when when I put them on together. So I decided to bite the bullet and get some leggings.

I went to Gap first, and this really nice salesperson advised I go to H&M, because their leggings are better. She said she preferred them because they go down to the ankle, but can also be hoicked up to the waist and "I don't about you, but I like to yank them really high". So she directed me to H&M (turn right, go past the tree and keep going right) but I got lost and ended up in Debenhams instead.

Now, I'm deathly afraid of Debenhams. All the tiny collections freak me out, even though their sales are amazing. But I was desperate for the loo and I thought, maybe they have one in addition to leggings. I found some really nice ones as well - black, ankle-length, and distinctly un-80s ski pants. And they look really nice with my blue print tunic, if I do say so myself. And I don't think I looked like a sausage, because I paired it with my new black cardigan (and you guys know how I love black cardigans) and my black pumps and I had a rare moment of feeling well put together and comfy.

But don't worry - lest you think Liz has left her graceless ways behind her, the buttons on the tunic have a habit of coming undone at awkward moments.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Squeezing my rather large posterior into leggings just isn't going to happen unless I suddenly lose about 30 lbs. So, I will live vicariously through fashionable you!

Liz said...

See, it's all about knee-length tunics. My ass has it's own satellite it's so big, but the magical tunic covers the damage!