Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the...ranch?

1) It has been pointed out by members of the peanut gallery (ie The Father), that melkkos is spelt with two k's. Sorry.

2) The link to The Grub Report has.been.fixed. Thanks Kris!

3) Runners are mad people with a deepseated fetish for sadomasochism. It's the only explanation for why anyone would voluntarily slog up Hout Bay main rd, after slogging up Chapman's Peak, cramping so badly that they can barely stand.

4) Being cheerful is hard work. And blowing a whistle for seven hours is exhausting and tough on the ears and the teeth. However, cheering generally is pretty fun.

5) Prison Break, Veronica Mars and Lost are the coolest shows ever.

6) Lee and Rajesh are so getting back together, if Lee would stop being an idiot and give Rajesh a chance. Poor Rajesh.

7) Marmalade and toast are a gift from heaven to make our lowly existences prettier.

8) One week to go. Rob leaves today (lucky bugger) and I'm meeting him in London to go to Paris for two days. So we'll be able to say "We'll always have Paris." Because lets face, we'll start arguing on the chunnel and by the time we get back...well...we'll always have Paris.

9) I was missing varsity a bit (in that autumn in Grahamstown nostalgic kind of way) until Leigh told me about the essays she's marking. That cured me pretty fast.

10) When giving hooves to little black labradors to eat, remove last little bit before she eats it (whole!) and proceeds to hork it up for the next two days.

11) Nanny McPhee is bloody funny. Colin Firth is, well, Colin Firth, and Emma Thompson is brilliant.

12) Six-year-olds are amusing even if they don't understand the rudiments of Monopoly and get upset when you won't let them buy some property you want so that you can crush their innocent spirits.

13) I have a week to go. I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement.

14) My boss made me a new ringtone; it's a verse from Harvey Danger's Flagpole Sitta, the part that goes "paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get me"...heh.

15) Did I mention to anyone that I'm going on HOLIDAY. In a WEEK. To the UK. I'm not sure I can last that long.

PATTOTE - Better living through the minutia

7 comments:

Marissa said...

We tried spotting you on TV at the Two Oceans but no luck. So then we switched to the cricket and tried spotting Daniel Vettori. No luck there either.

Liz said...

How disappointing for you! I was torn between ogling Vettori and hating him on Saturday though...

Marissa said...

The best part of ogling cricket players is pissing off your friend's obnoxious boyfriend...tee hee.

Liz said...

I didn't realise you thought Lourence was obnoxious...you hid that one pretty well.

Marissa said...

yes, i have to hide it for the sake of politeness. the obnoxiousness caused us to leave a day early. he's only obnoxious sometimes though, meaning: any time he's in a relationship. then he turns into an anal and earnest he-man. the rest of the time he's actually pretty cool.

Kristy said...

Which reminds me, we need to chat about visitation, seeing as you chose to come at EXACTLY the same time as the in-laws...

Hope you can come stay a night in one of the brief pauses when we are not being taken to the opera or visiting relatives etc!

The worst of it is that 3 weeks earlier or later and both parties would have caught part of a holiday or half term week! Bloody bad timing, really, coz there's no way in hell that I will get time off, even unpaid, in the middle of the term! As much as I hate having to do it, I may just have to 'throw a sickie'.

*Hopes my boss never stumbles on this blog...*

Liz said...

I don't think I'm going to be able to stay over, I have so many family obligations... but I think we should have supper or lunch at least when I am in London. I can't wait!