Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thing I'm most looking forward to on moving

Not being in one room. I actually feel like my stuff is starting to strangle me. And the minute I put anything down, everything is a mess. I'm actually looking forward to packing it all up in boxes and then being able to put them away in a new place, in more than one room! Such luxury.

The other thing I'm looking forward to is being able to go from one room to the next, instead of moving from chair to ottoman to bed. And there will be doors. Multiple doors.

And a kitchen I can stand in without having to talk to anyone.

And a toilet lid that will always be down.

I can't bloody wait.

Packing done so far: 1 crate of paperwork filed, two bags of books weeded out to go to Oxfam.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay doors! :)

Seriously, I can definitely understand the excitement of having your own place. Can't wait to see it (and help schlep boxes into it)!

Liz said...

Doors are the bomb!

Don't worry, I'll be sparing the faithful companion cavalry. My faithful family are all in position to schlep multiple boxes of books - so you guys just get to come and have dinner and enjoy the fruits of their labour!

Tha Mother said...

Bloody cheek