Thursday, June 10, 2010

Banks are the Enemy

Arrgghh! Stupid bank!

I have two accounts with my bank, and they're interconnected.Two weeks ago I cancelled the debit card on one, because I got paranoid about Amazon. No problem, Ms Ellis, we'll issue you a new one and you'll have it within 5 working days. Two weeks later and the card isn't here, in the mean time I've been using the debit card on the second card. Today I called the bank to say that the replacement card hadn't arrived. No problem, they say, we'll cancel the card we ordered and order you a new one to go straight to the bank branch, that'll keep it safe. That'll take 5 working days. Wonderful.

So this evening I toddled to the atm to get out a little money, and...yes...that's right...those idiots have cancelled the card for the second account. So now I have no debit cards. I can go into the branch tomorrow with two forms of ID and a statement and plead my case. The new card will be with me in...5 working days.

I'm betting right now that they've managed to order cards for the same account.

Idiots!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

P.A.T.T.O.T.E better living through fewer idiots who work at banks!

Marissa said...

Banks are evil. I speak as one who is currently trying to obtain a credit card from Absa, who apparently work on their own special form of African time.