Thursday, March 30, 2006

Shampoo will make you happy

I'm quite fond of the new Sunsilk shampoo ads. You know the one where some contractors put a hole through the bathroom mirror, giving the man and the women who live opposite each other a nice fright. And then, in true romcom fashion they start getting to know each other, they're picking out each other's clothes and then the mirror is replaced - just as he's about to bring her a bunch of flowers.

I would very much like to see a movie based on this advert. Of course I'd also like to see a movie based on the music video for Daniel Powter's Bad Day. I'm a sucker for a schloopy movie, particularly if it stars Mark Ruffalo.

The only problem with romantic comedies is that they all start running together and the plotlines get all mixed up. So instead of the motherless boy setting his father up on a radio show to find a new wife, he finds the potential new wife lying in a coma in a nearby hospital after she repeatedly haunts his apartment. That was a pretty good movie - oh wait.

PATTOTE - Better living through weekly conditioning.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Yes! Another liker of the Daniel Powter video. Who is the guy who acts in it? If there were a movie of this video I'd definitely go to see it.

Anonymous said...

I miss my "excuse" to go to those movies, too chicken to go alone.