Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Totting up the damage

I know, I'm a bit obsessed, but I'm trying to face facts here, and be brutal.

I've been storing all my sundry receipts this month, for cash and card transactions. I'm going to start doing this every month, and see what the damage is. These receipts include grocery shopping, petrol, meals out, trips to London, as well as just stuff, that I bought, because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Groceries: £150.98
Petrol: £50.81
Other: £245.83

That is just excruciating to read. Excruciating. I'd say a good £100 of that was just shit, bought along the way, which i don't even have a tangible memory of. Just a wrapper, chucked in a bin. Think what I could do with £245. That's a small fortune, that could pay half my rent. Disgusting.

Right. Renewed effort. I can have a nice time without tossing precious pennies away. I don't have to be housebound, but I need to stop wasting my hard earned cash.

1 comment:

The Mother said...

go for it