Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Something to remember

Had a really interesting conversation with a friend yesterday, that made me reflective.

Here's the thing I need to remind myself of, when I start to get all pissy with myself for not being further along the grand life plan: I've only been at this for five years, really. When I came over here from SA, I started all over from scratch, with nothing. I didn't even have any savings.

So the work I'm doing now to make my bank balance healthier, and my slush funds slushier, and my emergency funds more robust, this is me still really working against all the costs it takes to set up your life again, from scratch.

And I'm doing it one salary. I REALLY need to stop giving myself such a hard time.

Sometimes friends offer wisdom at unexpectedly helpful times.

1 comment:

The Mother said...

Of course your doing well