Sunday, April 25, 2010

The September Issue

I really wanted to see The September Issue when it was in cinemas but I managed to miss it. I found it on DVD today and it was a really interesting perspective on Vogue and the world of fashion. It's not a world I tend to inhabit or find particularly interesting. What was interesting was seeing how they came up with ideas for shoots and designs, and how those ideas were carried out. I do wonder about the more editorial side though, because the film really focussed heavily on the images and designs. Although that said, isn't that the base of Vogue?

One thing that did jump out at me though was that this is a magazine driven by some insanely strong, ambitious women. I think I'd find them terrifying on a daily basis!

I really like fly on the wall documentaries, and this one was a lot of fun. It almost makes me want to buy a copy of Vogue. Almost.

No comments: