Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting old

I went to a surprise party yesterday for one of my good friend's 30th birthday. Her husband invited us all to a really great restaurant and then we did the "surprise!" part and ate a lot of food and drank some really nice red wine and had champagne. And as I was sipping my champagne I realised that I was the only single person there.

In the day to day, my oneness doesn't really cross my mind to be honest, although just lately, with so much going on, and so many new discoveries I've made, and places I've gone, and great meals I've eaten, it sometimes strikes me that it would be pretty nice to share them with a plus one!

But back the restaurant, where I'm choking on my champagne. Yes, I think that it's the time in my life I'm hitting now. I really am getting old.

No comments: