Tuesday, April 13, 2010

And where exactly have you been?

Busy. I've been very busy.

I've left Large Retailer at last and started a fantastic new job at Large University (well, it's fantastic so far, but it is only my second day). I was happy to leave Large Retailer, because I really had had enough. But, really, as unexpected deviations in my life plan go, it really turned out ok, didn't it? Decent pay, made new friends, relative freedom. And I ended on a high note, with people sad to see me go and saying nice things about me, and my shallow little heart grew two sizes. I never felt that at Magazine Purgatory until my leaving drinks, where my boss admitted that I wasn't too bad really. Gee thanks.

So now I'm at Large University and I'm excited and happy and really hoping that good things come from it. And then I can finally move out of the Hellmouth and just commute in instead!

So that's where I've been. Oh, and I've also been to Rochester and London. Rochester has the biggest secondhand bookshop in England. It's called Baggins and I'm going to have to go back for the express purpose of visiting that shop again.

Where have you been?

2 comments:

Kris said...

Right here.

Hopefully getting car soon, must meet up - it has been FAAAAR too long! The Hellmouth isn't really so far from Chav Central, you know, less than an hour's blast down the motorway, in fact.

Liz said...

And less than an hour's blast up the motorway. Feel free to come visit! Only half an hour by train. Less on a fast one.