Monday, September 10, 2007

A Blinding Realisation

It suddenly occurred to me today, it suddenly became very clear to me today, that my childhood is completely over.

I don't know why it felt so important to realise this. I've been an adult for quite some time now - I've paid bills, fed myself, taken care of a dog, moved myself overseas, survived to tell the tale.

Maybe it's post turning-26 malaise?

I'm completely and incontrovertibly an adult now. This is it. For the rest of my life.

PATTOTE: Better living through living, I hope.

3 comments:

CTV said...

Oh, don't give up on your childhood. I look at myself in the mirror and still see a little boy wondering what he'll be when he grows up.

Liz said...

I imagine you didn't think you'd be the pope. Unless, you imagined The Pope was the dead honcho of a very big, very important, very successful record company. That amuses me.

And I don't mean that my childhood is gone. Because of course it isn't. I just feel less connected to it somehow.

Liz said...

The head honcho. Not the dead honcho. I think that was a very freudian Freudian slip.