Monday, June 19, 2006

The One with all the Friends episodes.

Friends is one of those all or nothing affairs. You can't just watch one episode at a time, you have to get a stack of videos or dvds and watch them all together. It's the perfect way to veg out because those jokes never get tired, and neither do the plot lines. Except maybe the whole Ross and Rachel thing which got old about half way through the first season, although it had its moments (Phoebe: "See? He's her lobster.") Best thing about Friends - Chandler and Monica getting together. That ruled.

There are a lot of people who didn't like Friends because the humour was "forced". I loved it because it was sarcastic and occasionally mean. And because I would love to be able to just throw one-liners around like that. Then I remind myself that it was a tv programme and no-one talks like that. And that nobody talks like they do in Gilmore Girls either. Then I have to remind myself that I know that it's a tv programme and practising one-liners in the mirror in case I ever have need of them is totally unrelated. And then I have to go lie down because personality disorders are tiring.

Anyway! My favourite episodes of Friends are:

The One with the Football - (Chandler: "Mini wave in celebration of me!" /does ridiculous dance)
The One with Chandler in a Box - (Rachel: "It's like inviting a Greek tragedy over for dinner.")
The One with Phoebe's Uterus - (Monica: "Seven, seven, seven!")
The One with the Embryos - (There are so many great lines in this episode, and I love when Chandler and Joey ride into the girls' apartment astride that fugly dog.)
The One with all the Thanksgivings - (The turkey and Joey's head. Heh.)
The One that Could Have Been - (FatMonica is so brilliant.)
The One where Chandler takes a bath - (It's a boy bath!)

The early episodes look so bad now though. That's what you get for dressing Rachel up in "fashionable" clothes...

PATTOTE - Better living through snarky one-liners.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I know this all too well. You can NEVER watch enough old Friends episodes. My favourite at the moment? The One with Unagi. Best line I can think of right now: Joey refers to a "moo point", then says: "It's a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter, because it's moo!".

Marissa said...

And then there's the one where Phoebe thinks the Elton John song goes "hold me closer Tony Danza"...