Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gearing up to be irritated

I had to switch GP surgeries when I moved, which I wasn't happy about, because I loved my GP. Anyway, I need a fill up on various medications, which are a repeat, but I need to have my blood pressure checked. Also, one of my medications need to switch from syrup to tablet form.

I called in to request an appointment, and the woman at the front desk was so bloody obstructive. No, you don't need an appointment, you just have to come in and request it with a form. When I said I would need to have my blood pressure checked etc, she said I could do that with the machine in reception. I've tried that machine it doesn't work. Well you don't need a doctor to get your blood pressure done, come see a nurse. FiNE, I say, I don't care, just make an appointment. And prepare for my wrath on Monday when I try to get a repeat prescription over the counter and you try to give me that damned syrup again, which could have been avoided if you had just let me make a damn appointment.

This is going to go wrong, I'm expecting it to go wrong, and now I'm irritated in anticipation. But she would just not listen to me.

1 comment:

H said...

grrr.