Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reality check

Last night I came home from work and I was thinking about what I needed to do (ironing, put away dishes, budget, make bed, do filing, load of washing, finish reading Antigone, do notes on Antigone comparisons, complete readings, makes notes on readings, start mindmap for essay, find at least three or four more references, reorganise bookshelves), and reflecting on my day at work (a bit frustrating, lack of concentration and focus, lots of wasting time), and I was all set to gripe. And then I realised – ha – I’m all on my own in my lovely flat. I may be sore, fatigued, forgetful, grumpy and feel vaguely guilty, but at least I’m all on my own in my lovely flat.

That counts for a lot!

1 comment:

H said...

and a flat in which the peace reigns is indeed a lovely place to be.