Friday, January 01, 2010

Watch It Round Up 2009

When I moved over to the UK, I had to give up my precious Ster Kinekor card, and leave behind Half Price Tuesdays. For more than a year I saw no movies at the cinema, and barely watched anything on DVD. It was a painful, painful time. But this year I was saved by Cineworld's Unlimited Card. I love it - you can go see as many movies as you like for £13 a month. It's changed my life. Seriously. Those who know me personally can attest to that fact. Anyway.

It was a pretty good year for movies all round I thought (I rediscovered watching movies on DVD as well - thank you LoveFilm! And a better paying job!). Favourites definitely included Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt, Mullholland Dr, True Romance, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Where The Wild Things Are, District 9 and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassis.

I seemed to gravitate towards complicated psychological dramas, and also watched more documentaries than I realised. Nothing like a bit of pain and reality!

A good year.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

If it makes you feel any better, Tuesday is no longer half-price day at Cavendish Square. It is now merely slightly-less-exorbitant-ticket-price day.