Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My Future Career

A remarkable brainstorming session during lunch today revealed that I should devote myself to developing a hotline for confused readers. Readers across the world would be able call me and ask for advice on what to read next.

Just think! I wouldn't have to prowl around Waterstones, waiting for the furrowed brow of the bamboozled bibliophile. I wouldn't have to lurk, waiting to hear the words, "Do you think this is any good?" No more randomly inserting myself into the conversations of complete strangers, just to recommend my favourite author.

What I'm envisioning is that customers would dial 1 for Fantasy, 2 for Non-Fiction, 3 for Kids, etc. And maybe there could be an and-if-you-still-can't-figure-out-what-you-want option. Dial 8 for random suggestions by our extremely erudite founder and leader.

This idea has merit! Just need to think of a name...

3 comments:

PA said...

Hmm, you should phone the 'what can I call my new book recommendation business?' hotline!
Nah, there must be a great name for this,eh...hmmm.

Liz said...

And Dial-a-Book just doesn't have the pizzazz I'm going for.

Kris said...

Hmmm. *nod* nice idea. Can't help with the name at the moment, though if inspiration strikes I shall let you know...