Friday, October 23, 2009

Getting Old

I was sitting in TGI Fridays (the best of a bad bunch of restaurants, I assure you, the centre of Milton Keynes tends to cater hamburgers or Chinese food and that's about it) and I was mostly zoned out with my book (I wouldn't even notice the apocalypse if I have a good book to read and in this case I had two) and then I looked up and thought: "This place is loud" Blaring music, loud chatter, plates and glasses being dropped on the floor, happy birthday being sung with applause and sparklers. I mentally clutched my pearls in horror. "I'm getting old," I thought. And then I went back to my book.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I have been feeling old for YEARS now; there is nothing quite like working with teenagers to make one feel like a fogey, even if you are still in your early twenties...