Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eternal conundrum

If I had kids, I would be totally screwed. How do you teach kids anything, when you spend your entire time on the fence? How can you show kids where the line is, when you can't even decide on a line?

For instance.

We all present a face to the world. How you dress and how you act affects how people see you. You should bear this in mind when you decide what you're going to wear and how you're going to act.

But.

It's wrong to judge people by their appearances. It's wrong to judge people full stop. People are all different, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad. But you can't decide you don't like someone based on the way they dress.

Hmmm, maybe the take away here is, judge people by how they act? But by judgement I mean guage in a sensible manner, not deride for your own amusement?

Maybe I need to write all these arguments down for the future.

Don't even get me started on liberalism and the death penalty.

No comments: