Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it

On Tuesday I went into the chippy around the corner. Not just any chippy - they do fish and chips, Chinese food and kebabs. In order to get my food I was required to have a long chat with the keepers of the counter. They asked me who I was, because they'd never seen me before. They asked where I was living before. They asked why I chose Milton Keynes. They wondered if I knew where the various highlights were located. When I took out my book, they asked me if I was a book person. And if I wanted chips with that.

On Wednesday I trudged past the chippy in the rain and I saw the same two in the window.

Today I returned to said chippy (yes, yes, I know, I know, I'll be healthy again next week). They greeted me with "hey Londoner", said they were going to wave at me yesterday but I looked like I was in a rush, how has my week been, how am I settling in, do I like Milton Keynes, and do I want some chips that?

2 comments:

PA said...

Hehe, that's a funny story!
Do you want chips with that?

Liz said...

Thanks! And welcome!