Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That's not my Darcy!

His personality is too boring...

I liked Me and Mr Darcy; actually, let me qualify that with I found the plotline intriguing. The book itself was a bit boring actually. Alexandra Potter writes as though we were idiots, needing every single nuance and subtlety spelled out for us. I wondered more than once if she had written this as a script that had been rejected. The best friend was also unbelievably annoying which is a something I found hard to overlook. It was ok.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Have you read the book Pemberley by Emma Tennant? It's a sequel to Pride and Prejudice. Still on the way to me from Australia (thank you, Bookcrossing) but I can send it to you eventually, if you like?

Liz said...

Anything's got to be better than Mr Darcy Takes a Wife, which is shit. So yes, please send it!

Marissa said...

Poor old Fitzwilliam. Trou is nie perdekoop nie.