Sunday, June 10, 2007

This is the first day of my life

I arrived in England this morning at 6:55 on an overcrowded plane from Johannesburg. Virgin provides so-so food, fantastic entertainment and the smallest economy-class seats ever.

I only told The Sister I was arriving today, so I could make it a surprise for the The Parents. It was worth it to see their faces. And now I'm here. And strangely, it doesn't feel strange at all. I had a pang as the plane landed. "I don't live in South Africa anymore." Maybe as the excitement wears off and I start looking for a job, reality will beat me over the head with a mace. But for now I'm just fine with being excited.

PATTOTE: Better living through world domination. I have to start somewhere.

9 comments:

CTV said...

Congrats on starting your exile. Have you phoned KP yet? He has been so worried about you that he lost his helmet yesterday. Vokken doos.

Liz said...

I am hot on the trail of an underground club dedicated to the destruction of the Vokken Doos. Will let you know what I find out.

Liz said...

Don't you like the name of this post? I was pretty bright eyed when I thought of it.

CTV said...

Oh yeah, I noticed. You did learn well at the feet of the master.

A couple of songs from the new Bright Eyes album (which is great) on my blog.

Liz said...

I have indeed partaken. I may turn honest and buy a couple as well. I'm still considering my options. And my budget. I'll go bananas when I'm actually gainfully employed.

Marissa said...

KP? WTF? Ooooohhhh. The penny drops.

CTV said...

And was it the last day of your life?

Better living through regular updates.

Liz said...

Bitch bitch, moan moan.

CTV said...

Pot. Kettle. Black.

(cf. second comment in http://halfhearteddude.blogspot.com/2007/05/and-i-swear.html)