Friday, January 19, 2007

It's very hard to explain

Now, the thing you need to know about me, Great Goat and future leader of the world, is that I am not particularly maternal. I don't hate children with a fire-breathing rage or anything, but I have limited patience with brattiness and whining gives me a headache. So I have an ambivalent attitude towards having my own kids. Being told, "You'll change your mind when you have your own," bugs the shit out of me, because it just makes me want to say screw you all, this oven is closed for business. But yeah, I can take or leave procreation.

But God, I love my nephew. I haven't even met Jamie yet but I'm totally fascinated by this tiny person who represents the next generation of my family. I love that he's apparently developing Ellis ears (see dumbo-esque), that from certain angles he's the double of my sister, from others the double of his dad. I've never had any sort of exposure to kids growing so I'm flabbergasted at how fast they develop and how much personality they seem to have at such a young age. And sure, I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can start the long process of indoctrination (Cool auntie Elize, not so cool auntie ****, cool auntie Elize, not so cool auntie ****).



I guess I'm just looking forward to being an aunt. I'd rather he just call me Elize though.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Who is not so cool auntie ****?

Liz said...

The aunt who isn't cool auntie elize

Marissa said...

But you don't have another sister.