Friday, September 02, 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

So a month after I start my new job, because my then uberboss wouldn't get his act together and another department picked up my contract, guess what: my uberboss has suddenly decided he needs me back, and has gotten the grand high poobah to assign me to this new project for two weeks, completely overwriting the concerns of my new boss.

Sorry, that looks like a mess written out, but suffice it to say I am now a mixture of annoyed (because I never wanted to leave my original damned department in the first place and I've been really angry with this guy for not getting his act together to keep me), complimented (because he claims I'm the only who can do it), upset (because I was JUST getting into the swing of things in my new department), guilty (because other people are now going to have to pick up my work, so I'm going to have to go crazy next week and get as much off my desk as possible), and confused (because...what? How can a respected organisation be this fecking disorganised?).
I need a cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm sorry; that has to be a real pain in the ass, especially as you were just settling in to the new department. Former Uberboss clearly needs a bitchslap. It's not acceptable to jerk people around like that.

Liz said...

I know! I'm in two minds as well because, well, am quite looking forward to seeing what's happening in this project, and also to be requested is flattering (and I am only human and susceptible to flattery), but I'm also annoyed that this guy keeps getting what he wants and he's making people resentful.

But I was taught to play nicely with others, especially if they have the ability to make me a permanent member of staff in the future. I have become extremely mercenary in my old age.

Anyway, I'm just going to do my best and not get involved and just crack on. And hope I don't get screwed over somewhere down the line.