Monday, December 07, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I share a house with three strangers. The dispossesed Vietnamese chick has just moved out, leaving me to deal with a bemused Frenchman and a couple, who I will call Cock and Cock's Girlfriend.

One of the house rules is that no-one is allowed to wear shoes inside. I did not make this rule. I think it's a stupid rule, because there are tiles everywhere and I don't like being told what to do. Nonetheless, I take my shoes off and then I put them in my room. Sometimes in the cupboard. Sometimes they land near the chest of drawers. Sometimes they lie under my bed.

The rest of the household (read: Cock and Cock's Girlfriend) leave their shoes piled up by the front door. There's such a large pile that you can't get to the stairs without first having to negotiate the pile of trainers, loafers, high heels and other unwieldly footwear in enormous sizes. I mean, we're talking boxes without topses here.

So it was inevitable that I would this morning fall over an enormous pair of trainers and twist my ankle. Just as it was inevitable that as I fell I hurt my back. And then it was inevitable that I would shriek: "Fucking shoes!" and then kick them all over the passage. And it was inevitable that I step over them on my way out and lock the door, without tidying them away. My ankle hurts.

3 comments:

The Sister said...

Those people drive me MAD!! Grrrrr

the mother said...

get a big box and put all the shoes in it then they need to find their shoes Stupid people with stupid rules

ChutneyLid said...

What a bunch of arses! I'd throw all the shoes through the kitchen window into the garden!
OR.... line them all up and put a slug in each.
OR .... line them up and plant some seedlings in them.