Thursday, September 24, 2009

Scene at the Chippy

I poured vinegar over my chips.

Him: It's interesting. I wonder if it's the height of the counter? But most female customers have to lean forward to put the salt and vinegar on.

Other guy: Must you make a comment about it?

Him: I just think it's interesting! [To me] You didn't lean forward.

Me: I make a point not to lean forward.

Him: Don't worry girl, I'm sure they're lovely and all, but I think most female customers must just be short.

Me: That's weird, because I consider myself quite short.

Him: No, I think you're a good height for a female.

Me: Well, thanks, that's always good to know.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sigh. Wishing I could visit a chippy here. Stupid Michigan. Really, really wanting fish now.

Liz said...

No fish! Chips and a battered sausage is what it's all about. Also, but I've never had and so can't comment on taste, pineapple in batter. Yummy!