Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A burning question

So I'm waiting for a letter from my neurologist, informing my GP that it's all stations go on the disease modifying drugs so that my disease can, y'know, be modified. Finally today I got a response from the neuro's secretary. Apparently the hospital in Reading outsources their letter writing. To India. No, really.

They send them the dictaphone tapes (how exactly - because if they upload to email and email it, surely it would just be easier to type it here?) and then they transcribe them and send them back here for posting.

So my letter has been written, but some vital details have been left out ("Maybe the tape was broken," she said. "Or maybe they didn't understand something."). So now I have to wait. For my letter. To come all the way from India. Instead of all the way from Reading.

PATTOTE: Better living through carrier pigeons, which I'm seriously considering investing in.

4 comments:

ChutneyLid said...

I'm stunned. Clearly carrier pigeons are the way forward. Or, you know, email?

Liz said...

Email lacks the dramatic effect I was going for :)

ChutneyLid said...

=) agreed.

Margaret said...

This. Is. So. F***ing. Stupid.