Friday, April 17, 2009

Alas, poor Darcy, I knew you well

I've been watching Lost in Austen on DVD. It's a rather random mini-series about a woman in London who changes places with Elizabeth Bennett and proceeds to muck up Pride and Prejudice, while trying to get the story moving. I have loved Darcy since the minute I picked Pride and Prejudice. But alas, I have realised that he is a twat. I'm distressed.

PATTOTE: Better living through fictional heroes, cause real heroes are thin on the ground.

3 comments:

ChutneyLid said...

ah - but surely Darcy is but a twat in that version. Perhaps the original Darcy is the real Darcy - the one of quiet diplomacy and romance and loveliness.
Don't give up on Darcy.

Liz said...

I hope so! It would be so awful if rude, insufferable men did in fact have no redeeming qualities.

Marissa said...

Ah, Fitzwilliam.