Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Latest additions


On Sunday I went to a farmer's market in Loughton. In addition to some wonderful garlic and basil infused olives, glorious sweet garlic cloves, poacher's cheese and a loaf of sourdough bread, was an incredibly well-stocked bookstall. Increadibly well-stocked. So I was really doing them a favour when I brought an enormous pile home. Books and food and stall owners who queried my accent and tried to sell me huge pieces of lamb shank. It made me feel so warm and comfortable.

Anyway, as promised to Marissa, the books in my latest haul are:

March - Geraldine Brooks
Master and Commander - Patrick O'Brian
Post Captain - Patrick O'Brian
The Mauritius Command - Patrick O'Brian
Comeback - Dick Francis
PS I love you - Cecelia Ahern
Wild Designs - Katie Fforde
Orlando - Virginia Woolf
Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Beauvallet - Georgette Heyer
The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Nice! Some of the lost preciouses getting replaced, I see.

arcadia said...

books AND food...sounds like the best kind of sunday.

Marissa said...

Oh, and I forgot to compliment you on the pun!

Liz said...

Sunday is fast becoming my favourite day of the week.