Friday, May 02, 2008

An illness...that's what this is

So I've added four more books to the collection. In my own defence, I was feeling bereft because I had just finished rereading a much loved epic. So I was a bit sad and rootless. It was a therapeutic buy. The newest additions are:

Shakespeare by Bill Bryson
The Magicians' Guild by Trudi Canavan
Slam by Nick Hornby
Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkein

I seem to be reading a lot more fantasy again. I don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, I love reading good books, and they definitely are. But on the other hand, I don't want to get into a reading rut. I find that happens quite easily and I have to force myself to read something I'm not sure about. The pleasant surprise of discovering something new can't be discounted.

Something to muse about...

No comments: