Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wotalotigot

I'm eating a box of Smarties and remembering that when I was little I used to divide them up by colour and eat them in order - all the greens, all the oranges, all the browns.

Childhood nostalgia aside, when Shrek came out Smarties ran promotional packs with green gummy sweets. I loved those - the pleasure of discovering a Smartie that was not a Smartie while sitting comfortably in a darkened cinema. I miss those gummies. I still expect them when I bite into a green Smartie - they taste of disappointment now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only you could ruin the taste of green smarties for me, and I don't even know what the gummy ones tasted like! Thanks.

Marissa said...

Er, I still do that. I also eat the colour groups in a certain order, depending on the number of Smarties in that group...

I'm guessing this seems weird.

Liz said...

Nope, cause I have to eat Smarties in pairs.

CTV said...

I remember when they introduced the blue Smartie, in the late '80s, I think. Exciting times. It might have been my drink-addled mind, or residual adolescence, but I swore they tasted differently. They tasted blue.

I'd give you all the brown Smarties. Why have brown Smarties?

Liz said...

Hah, the smarties here all have the slogan: we've brought back the blue ones!

The brown ones are to pretend that we're actually eating choclate, not candy masquerading as chocolate.