Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What's a Marrow With You?

Standing at Nottinghill Gate station the other day, a chap shambled past me with the most enormous marrow I have ever seen under his arm. He seemed quite unperturbed. I wonder where he got it from. A shop devoted to the care and sale of immensely overgrown vegetables? A caring granny with too much time (and fertilizer) on her hands? Oh, I know what it was. It was an animatronic marrow. Yes! It was a robot marrow and he was taking it to the set of it's new movie "In the Marrow: A diary of dicing, julienning, and sir-fries". I'm so glad I figured it out, it was bothering me.

PATTOTE: Better living through giant vegetables. Especially potatoes.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

If that dude lived on the West Coast, he'd be front page news in the Weslander.

Speaking of which, an old guy came into the library the other day wanting to donate a whole bunch of back issues of the Southern Cross (from the mid-90s, I think). Crazy Librarian said no thanks.

Liz said...

Crazy Librarian doesn't know what she's missing.

Marissa said...

He is also the only person I know in real life who wears a mullet.

Anonymous said...

He had smaller marrows under his arm on other occasions?