Thursday, February 01, 2007

On the Move

Yesterday brought several surprises:

1) My citizenship application to the UK will take 4-5 months, not the 3 months originally stated.

2) When it eventually is processed my passport will take another 6 weeks.

3) My lease ends earlier than I thought so I have to be out of my flat end of Feb.

4) I can only ship my stuff in April so it has to be stored until then.

5) I may still be stuck in South Africa in June because my South African passport is in the clutches of the nefarious British Home Office.

All in all, not the best fun day ever. Thankfully, I've found a furnished month-to-month let from beginning of March, so that's one thing off my mind. It means living with just a suitcase of clothes for God only knows how long, but I can deal with that. Someone at work is also happy to take care of my boxes until I can get my shipping organised. Der Fuhrer is skipping at the fact that he doesn't have to interview anybody yet to replace me. I just want to leee-aaaa-vvvv-eee.

1 comment:

Me said...

Good luck with the transistion.