Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The fine art of waking up

As far as I can tell you get two kinds of "not morning people". You get the sort who can't function at all before 10am - speaking to them will garner you a grunt and that's about it. Then you get the sort that can function fine, but the getting up part is a nightmare.

I'm the latter. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed, when that alarm goes off I'm barely concious. I hit snooze multiple times. I bargain with myself over whether 15 extra minutes would really kill me. I come up with elaborate schemes to wake myself up without actually having to get up immediately (the latest being putting the light on after the second alarm but keeping my eyes shut).

Of course I'm annoyingly compos mentis even when I'm trying to avoid getting up. I talk a mile a minute every day of my life, and straight through the night as well. Why would I not grumble loudly to myself as I try to find the off button on my alarm?

PATTOTE: Better living through those of us who are "rubbish in the morning" (quote unquote).

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh God. I hate waking up so much. This morning I woke up at 07:40. Which is not that late, unless one's train to work leaves at 07:30.

Anonymous said...

Saans gousblom, soggens molshoop....

Anonymous said...

or rather: Saans katjie van die baan, soggens dooie bobbejaan...

Liz said...

Ta, pa.