Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm with stupid


Last weekend, in a fit of domesticity, I invited some friends over for a roast lunch - beef, veggies, bread and butter pudding. It was all going swimmingly until I opened a packet of sultanas for the pudding. As I started opening the packet with a knife, I wondered briefly if I should use a pair of scissors instead. And then I sliced the tip of my finger off.

PATTOTE: better living through scissors, not serrated paring knives with a bend at the tip

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not surprised. At all. Not even slightly.

On a more sympathetic note : ouch.

And have you lost weight?

Liz said...

Yes...I know...the word typical has been bandied about.

And I hope so!

Marissa said...

Didn't you also hit your hand with an axe as a child?

Liz said...

Yes...that would be the finger next to this one...

Anonymous said...

It was the 'toe stuck in tap' incident I was thinking of, but the axe one is good too...