Thursday, July 17, 2008

Perfect


A few weeks ago I saw Counting Crows live in Hyde Park. As I stood in the drizzle and listened to Adam F Duritz perform Colorblind I thought, this, this is why I'm here. Then some idiot in the audience began catcalling. And then I remembered that the world is full of idiots and the moment almost went away.

But it was a day full of those moments. Drizzle and blue sky and Australians and a wild boar and apple hotdog. Listening to Goo Goo Dolls perform Iris and being transported back to my 17-year-old self in a tiny town on the West Coast of a country a million miles from here, railing angrily inside her head at people who would never know who she was. And listening to the amazing, soul-destroying Counting Crows do Holiday in Spain, and believing that somewhere in the audience was someone who knows what that song really means. And crying, because who knows who or where he is.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Hey, that picture is NOT huge, as promised.

Liz said...

I'm ignoring you now.

Marissa said...

But the post itself is very cool and I'm jealous of you for having been there. As jealous as I am of Denene seeing Leonard Cohen live in concert last night in Edinburgh!