Monday, July 23, 2007

Unspoilt

It was an all-Harry Potter weekend. The Sister and I queued for the last installment and then raced to start reading. She admitted defeat at about 2am but I managed to finish it. I wanted to get it read before the end got leaked. I'm not going to go into it, because I'm waiting for The Best Friend to read it, but I really enjoyed it.

The movie, however, was not as great as it could have been. Prisoner of Azkaban remains victorious as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad there are more movies to look forward to, cause otherwise the end of this wonderful, imaginative, heartbreaking series would be a lot worse.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Check out the digested read on the Guardian books site.

CTV said...

So I was a little right about the ending, as discussed on www.michaels.iblog.co.za/ -- Hagrid is in it, and my prediction was a not totally inaccurate guess. WHO'S TALKING CRAP?

I was also right about Snape, but didn't see some of the deaths coming... Stupid epilogue, though.

And I haven't even read the book...

BTW: why is there no PATTOTE motto to your post?

Liz said...

Ha, I still think that post was hilarious.

And I sometimes save my mottoes for posts that, you know, are important. Or ranty. Or strident.