Friday, August 25, 2006

Frodo "blah blah" Baggins

I'm reading Lord of the Rings at the moment. I'm about half way through The Two Towers and enjoying the book more than I ever have before. I think JRR Tolkien's books fall into that category where, unless you're the right age and in the right frame of mind, you just fail to get into them.

That said, Frodo and Sam are working on my nerves big time. It's traitorous but true: I hate the main characters, and arguably the main point of the books.

But seriously, they're going to destroy the source of all evil. This should be riveting stuff. Perhaps my theory will mean that when I reread Tolkien's work in ten years I'll update with Legolas "blah blah" Aragorn "blah blah".

PATTOTE: Better living through rereading the classics.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Destroying the source of all evil? I dont remember seeing Frodo throwing the Great Goat into the lava pit. Oh, wait, I remember now, after he threw the ring into the pit, they had a spit braai and roasted the GOAT. Of course, he did indeed destroy the source of all evil, and then ate it. With potatoes.

Pottatoes: Better eating through spit braaing the goat.

Liz said...

Don't forget the yummy TOMATOE salsa. Helped the goat go down nicely.

Marissa said...

The Great Goat? Do tell.

Liz said...

The Great Goat is the Great Leader, the Great Emancipator, the Great Leader of All Future Revolutions. The Great Goat is PATTOTE.

Marissa said...

So, in other words, YOU are the Great Goat?

Liz said...

At your service.

Marissa said...

I put something on my blog.